So I just got the May “Spring Vibes” box from Boxycharm (referral link) and I’m super happy with this box! This box included mostly items I actually like, and use – plus they’re all full sized! The overall value of the box is $106 (but closer to $80 for me, since I loathe the perfume). Either way, that’s a great deal for what I paid for the sub, so I’m super happy with this. I’ve thought about canceling Boxycharm a few months now, and each time they real me back in with another great box. Keep it up Boxycharm and I’ll never cancel 😉
Here’s what’s in this month’s box:
- Makeup Geek Blush in XOXO
- This is a new product, released exclusively on Boxycharm. I really enjoy MUG eyeshadows, so I was excited to check out this blush. The formula is ultra creamy, with very good cling on the skin. It’s definitely a powder formula, but there’s something about it that makes it cling and blend almost like a cream-to-powder formula. I was worried about what color I would get because of my already red-prone skin, but this XOXO is really lovely. It’s a warm toned coral pink with TONS of build-ability on the skin. I admit that I wore it as a shadow today in a Sweet Peach-esque look and it looked fantastic, if I do say so myself. I have a feel it’s going to take me forever to hit pan on this stuff. The compact is quite nice for the $15 price point.
- Ella + Mila Nail Polish in Pistache
- This is so damn pretty! It’s a light green that perfectly looks like the Cover-Up Frosting on a Watergate Cake (one of my favorite cakes!). This polish is definitely a two coat needed polish, but it has a lovely finish sans topcoat. Also worth mentioning: I love it when I get products from Cruelty-Free companies, like Ella + Mila!
- The Brow Gal Clear Brow Gel
- As the proud owner of robust face caterpillars, I love me some brow products. My current HG brow gel is Julep’s, but this Brow Gal might compete. I love the staying power of this gel and it’s super waterproof. My only complaint is that the brush is so big. The brush on the Julep gel is a little better for details and precision, whereas this one is big enough to get a bit in the way. I’ve worn this a couple times now without it breaking out the skin around my eyebrows, which is actually a bit of a rarity for me.
- Starlooks Luxe Lip Liner in Charmed
- This is a lovely neutral lip liner that’s going to look good with the bulk of my lip stock. I wore it yesterday with Sephora’s Marvelous Mauve, and today with Buxom’s Dolly. Both looked really lovely with it. I think you could also wear it with Pasadena from OFRA, which came in last month’s Boxycharm. I did try this on the fly tonight under Iguaza Falls from Eccentric Cosmetics, as a primer. Iguaza has a tendency to be patchy when applying and this lip liner seemed to help it apply more evenly, without color transferring in to the liquid lipstick. Worth noting that when I swatched this, I took all the makeup off with a micellar wipe. It took a few times over to get all the lip liner off, so this has pretty darn awesome staying effect.
- PUR Double Ego-Duo Ended Eyeliner in Bali (green)
- So I’m not sure how I feel about this yet. The liquid goes on very easily and has amazing staying power. Even when using my go-to makeup wipes, it really takes a good scrub a few times over to get it off. That said, the liquid is also a bit sheer in coverage. I feel like I need 2-3 times over to get it super dark/opaque. The felt tip on the liquid size has fantastic flex to it that provide a very precise wing. The pencil side isn’t anything special, but it does blend out well. It’s also worth mentioning that liquid Bali and pencil Bali are two different colors. The liquid is closer to a kelly green, while the pencil is closer to a hunter green. Both are matte in finish, but there’s a hint of shine to the pencil just from the creamy nature of it.
- Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence Deluxe Sample
- Dear Beauty Boxses…Please stop trying to make Catherine Malandrino perfume happen. I have three other samples of this same perfume. And the de Paris version came in last month’s Boxycharm as well. This perfume is definitely not for me, though the de Paris perfume is really lovely and I’m almost out of it. I think I’ll be saving this to either donate or give away to someone who does enjoy the scent. Don’t get me wrong, de Prevence is a nice scent, just not for me.