Ever since I saw the super cute envelope style travel-themed Glam Bag, I knew I was going to love this month! Ipsy spoilers showed three different color of bags: Pink, Blue, and Purple. The purple was (obviously) what I was hoping to get in the mail…and purple I did get! The bag is adorable and pretty nice quality. Some past Glam Bags have ended up in a drawer collecting dust, but this one is definitely going to be regularly used.
The value of this month’s box blew me away: $71.23 total value (not including the cutie bag). Not a bad value for my $10 montly subscription! If you want your own Ipsy GlamBag and want to support my blogging efforts, you can nab your own Ipsy subscription using my referral link.
What’s in the box?
- SOO AE Sheet Masks
- I’ve actually used these before, specifically the brightening (blue label) mask. They’re definitely quality masks, and better than some cheaper sheet masks I’ve found. The brightening mask did a really nice job of lifting away dead skin cells so my skin looked less dull. The packet contained plenty of serum, enough for another treatment if you’re in to that sort of thing. The scent was pleasant, non-offensive. I’ve not tried the other two types included in this bag, but I’m really looking forward to it.
- Pacifica Coconut Eyeshadow Trio
- I’m usually a little annoyed when I get yet another trio of neutral eye shadows. Seems like every subscription sends a very similar trio regularly (including Ipsy). That said, I actually really like these and they’ll definitely get used. The lightest shadow, Crush, highlights really nicely. It looks delightful on my brown bone. Because of the light shimmer, it works just fine for a highlighter in a pinch. The shimmer in the darkest shade, Lovely, isn’t my preference, but I’m going to try it out and see if it grows on me. I feel like the shimmer in all three shades is maybe too much.
- Clark’s Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream
- This stuff smells fantastically natural. I’d just finished a mud mask when I grabbed the mail, so my skin was quite thirsty. I slathered a bit of this on my cheeks (where my face is driest) and it feels really soothing. I have eczema on my face (right cheek) so some moisturizers actually burn when I put them on; this Clark’s did not. In fact, my eczema didn’t flare up after I used it: bonus! I’m not the type to pay $115 for a moisturizer (hello my lovely CeraVe), so I won’t purchase this in the future. Still, I love getting stuff like this in an Ipsy Bag. Great way to pamper myself at a fraction of the cost. Not to mention, a little bit of this stuff goes a long way…so I’m sure to have this mini for a bit yet.
- Smashbox X-Rated Mascara
- This is my third sample size of this mascara (one from Birchbox and one from Sephora). Dear makeup gods…please stop trying to make this mascara a thing. I hate the brush. I hate the formula when applying. And, I hate how this stuff wears on my lashes. I know that lots of people LOVE this stuff and that’s just fine. I wish I was the type of person who could handle this mascara with enough skill to apply it easily and had lashes bad ass enough to work well with this stuff…but I just don’t. This mascara will go in my “giveaway” box to go to some lucky reader down the road.
- INSPR Beauty Eye Fluff Brush
- This is a brush style that I can never get too many of. While I’d like to be the type of person who washes their brushes after every use, I’m not (Just call me Jossie Grossie). Since this blending brush style is such a staple in my eye routine, having some extras means I don’t have to worry about transferring colors between washes and a more hygienic usage. The quality of this brush is nicer than my Real Techniques of the same style, so pretty happy with that. Although I’ve just used it twice, it reminds me of my Luxie brushes – which is definitely a good brush IMO. I really like the long handle on this, too. A few of my eye brushes are travel style so have stubby handles. I find this makes my strokes much harsher than I’d like for both good blending and to not be too abusive to the sensitive areas around my eyes. Probably won’t rebuy this, simply because my sub boxes keep me supplied with so many nice brushes!