I’ve been seeing unboxings for these Target Beauty Boxes for a few months now, and have been dying to get my hands on one. Unfortunately, these go live in the middle of the night and generally I’m snoring away then. In a stroke of luck, I just happened to be awake and at a computer within a couple of ours of when May’s box went on sale. Target offered a $5 gift card if you spent $20 or more in the beauty department, so I bought two boxes. Had I been more awake, I’d have spent the $10 on something else and leave this box for someone else (since I know they sell out so fast). Also, I knew that Target sometimes includes coupons off beauty/health department purchases…this box was no exception!
If you include the gift card and coupons in my purchase, each box cost me $4.50!! That’s crazy, especially when I did the value breakdown. This box weighs in at a whopping $42.51. I can’t wait for next month’s Target Beauty Box. It just *might* be worth staying up late to snatch one in June 😉
What’s in the box?!
- Andalou Age Defying Night Repair Cream
- I’ve never tried this particular cream from Andalou. This will also be my first CoQ10 cream. Excited to see if it lives up to the claims. I have tried other Andalou skin products and have been happy with them over all. They don’t irritate my easy-to-break-out skin, which is always a plus.
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
- I love, LOVE, LOVE this cream. I’ve used it prior to getting it in this box. Thrilled to have more in travel-friendly sizes.
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lip Pen
- I got this pen in two different colors and formulas. The bright pink is a matte formula (which I traded in for a different, more wearable-for-me color). The plumy mauve is one I kept and put on today. It’s a dusty raisin color that looks really flattering on my pale ass self, if I do say so. This formula is their La Lacque formula, which I am surprised to say that I like better than the matte. The shine looks nice and is less drying. It stays put almost as well as the matte formula, too. I definitely feel like I can use this sans primer or liner, which I also like. Anything to simplify a routine is probably a good thing for me.
- Hair Food Kiwi Dry Shampoo
- I actually picked some of this up before in the full size, when I ran out of my favorite dry shampoo (and Target had also run out). I really enjoy the scent of this, as some of the floral dry shampoo scents end up smelling like douche. Sorry for that…but it’s true. This stuff smells fruity in a pleasant way. It works pretty damn well and distributes well (no weird white patches on your head if you don’t move the can at the speed of light). I wouldn’t want to pay full price for this, considering that I like Batiste dry shampoo just as much, if not more. Cherry sent Batiste is life.
- Derma e Firming DMAE Moisturizer
- Not tried it yet. Hoping it works. It’s cream. In a jar. A creamy jar, if you will.
- Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream
- Just used this to take off my evening makeup and wow did it work well. I slathered some on like a night time moisturizer, let it sit for about 60 seconds, then wiped off. Full face of primed, foundation-ed, color corrected, concealed paint just came right off. Didn’t work super well around my eyes, as I was worried to get it in my eye (maybe that would have been okay, not sure). But I think I may buy a full size of this for face makeup removal (while using my micellar water for eyes). Smell was pleasant enough, nothing to write home about, but certainly not offensive.
- CeraVe Foaming Cleanser
- What can I say? I already have full sizes of this as it’s a staple in my skin care routine. These two minis are going in my travel kit and when they’re empty, I’ll refill them for travel. This cleans so well, while keeping my super sensitive combo skin in check. What’s not to love?
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleanser
- I’m honestly a little hesitant to use this. I love oil cleansers and use one pretty much any time I clean off my makeup. That said, this formula has coconut oil in it. Coconut oil products and faces tend to not play well for people, a problem that I’ve had in the past. I’m in the midst of a break out, so I wouldn’t know if this was the cause or not. I think I’m going to try this on a patch in a few weeks and see how it goes. If I break out, I’ll know it doesn’t work for me.
- L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Towelettes
- These are still sealed and in my “giveaway” storage box as we speak. I look ridiculous as a tan person, real or fake. I’m a pale, pasty, red (ish) head, as nature intended. I envy people who tan well or can pull off a good fake-bake…I’m sadly just not one of them. Hopefully, once I get enough goodies saved up I can pass them along to a nice reader here at the blog in a giveaway.