I’ve been a subscriber to the MishiBox Korean Beauty subscription service in the past, but canceled for a while to try out some other boxes. I came back to MishiBox because of their unique products and wonderful customer service. I renewed my subscription about 5 days ago, and the website said that the March boxes were sold out so I wasn’t sure when my sub would restart. Despite that, I received the April MishiBox just a few days later…talk about pleasantly surprised! I placed an order from the MishiBox store at the same time to use up a coupon I had and to get some masks that I’d tried (and fallen in love with) from a previous Mishibox. Check out my haul review post of my store order – I’ve never gotten so many freebies from an order before!
Thoughts on the Box:
- It’s SKIN Moisture Todak Todak Face Pack
- I got the moisture version of this face back. According the website it “is a wash-off pack that contains marine plant extracts and lime to moisturize and cleanse the skin while delivering moisture with heat.” I put this on while soaking in the tub and my skin felt delightfully soft afterwards. The smell was pleasant and the promised heat wasn’t offensive. The retail price of these is a little high, but if I got them on sale I’d gladly buy them again (and try out the other varieties). You can definitely get two uses out of the moisturizing mask. I’d recommend applying it with a brush thinly.
- Skin Watchers Natural Yam (Hemp Pulp) Oil Blotting Papers
- Mishibox has released their own line of products called Skin Watchers. The blotting papers are the first of two they put in this month’s box. I love how these absorb my oil without displacing my makeup or smearing them. They work MUCH better than blue papers IMO. These work almost as well as the Too Cool For School papers that I just recently bought, but at a fraction of the price. These also fit in the TCFS pack, so I can refill the really cute pack at some nice savings. Win-Win if you ask me.
- Skin Watchers Ceramizing Cream
- I used this the last three days under my makeup and on a plain face. I’ve been using a ceramide moisturizer from Cerave (the one in the tub, not the pump bottle) through the winter and really like the results. Now that it’s getting warmer outside I’m finding the Cerave a little too heavy for my skin during the day (but still using at night). This Skin Watchers cream is definitely a lighter weight version of Cerave IMO. It applies smoothly, soaks in well, and doesn’t leave a greasy film behind. My makeup attached well to my skin, no sliding around from too much grease from a moisturizer. I’m not sure I’d pay $22 for the full size, but a little does go a long way so I might consider it. I really like that it has both ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
- Baviphat Magic Girls Moisturizing Makeup Base
- I normally use an anti-redness foundation primer from Merle Norman that I got as a gift a bit ago. I really like it but it’s definitely pricey. The Baviphat gives me more anti-redness correcting that my Merle Norman at a fraction of the price. Even better, the green tea seems to have a calming effect on oil/sebum production. I really like that it dries to a very matte finish and sits nicely under my makeup. I’ve successfully used it sans foundation or powder, quickly as I ran out the door. I apply it with a damp beauty blender. Would definitely buy this again.
- MCC Perfect Finish Pore Pact
- This powder contains “Peppermint, Rosemary, and Tea tree for pore and sebum control, Argan oil and Aloe Vera for moisturization, and Chamomile and Lavender for skin soothing and protection.” I’m really liking the peppermint, tea tree, and chamomile in this powder. It’s very soothing on my easily irritated and red-dominated skin. The photo above makes it look quite pink, but in reality it’s very neutral. It applies very smoothly and gives good matte control without giving me flashback on a camera (yay). They recommend using it as an eyelid primer, which I haven’t tried yet but I can see it working well. It’s definitely been killing it at setting my foundation. At $14 a compact, I might very well buy this again.
- Illi Lotus Moisture Sheet Mask
- I’ve tried this brand before in a different formulation. This particular formulation contains “Lotus Flower, Chama Mushroom, and Ginseng to boost hydration and skin vitality.” I’m curious how the ginseng will feel in this mask. I use it in a moisturizer that I really love for it’s brightening. I hope this mask brings the same tingle to my fingle (that’s what I’m going to call my face now).